Due to its ability to increase blood testosterone levels, experts say that Epi-Andro is ideal for cutting extra fat and increasing muscle mass the natural way.
What is Epiandrosterone?
Epi-Andro is a steroid hormone with low androgenic activity, discovered in 1931. Naturally found in most mammals, this hormone is a metabolite of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
In the body, epiandrosterone is produced is through the action of 5-aplha reductase on the adrenal hormone dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA. The natural steroids androstanediol and androstenedione are also sources of epiandrosterone.
Epiandrosterone has several confirmed health benefits:
Once ingested, Epi-Andro is converted into DHT. Most people don't know this, but DHT is more androgenic than testosterone—and that's great for you. Taking a more androgenic compound means faster burning of fat and building of muscle.
Increased levels of DHT in the blood also promote amino acid uptake and protect the muscles from catabolism (breakdown). Amino acids are the building blocks of muscle tissue.
As a prohormone, Epi-Andro is produced and sold in the form of various supplements for athletes who want to push their performance to the limits.
Regarding sexual improvements, Epi-Andro and other androgenic substances lead to slight improvements in libido, erection, sexual thoughts and erectile function. Scientists suggest that epiandrosterone's potential in enhancing sexual performance could be used for future studies in the field of sexual dysfunction too.
Note: Most of these benefits are also exhibited by DHEA. Additionally, both hormones have anti-aging properties, improve bone density, and have potential for treating mental disorders, Addison disease, and Sjogren’s syndrome.
Epiandrosterone Mechanism of Action
This section explains the action of epiandrosterone in more detail:
- Epiandrosterone is a precursor of testosterone. Despite itself being turned into DHT (which is more androgenic than testosterone), epiandrosterone is also a major player in the production of testosterone.
- Epiandrosterone is a precursor of estradiol. Estradiol, a female sex hormone, plays a critical role in male function. It's necessary for sperm production, erectile function and libido.
- DHT, the substance epiandrosterone is converted to, is the hormone that’s responsible for hair growth on the chest, the face, the armpits and the pubic area.
- Epi-Andro has hypolipidemic properties. This means it can lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. As a result, it could help to lower the risk of heart disease.
- It helps you build muscle. Both testosterone and Epi-Andro are anabolic hormones. The primary action of anabolic hormones is promoting muscle growth.
- Epiandrosterone has the ability to dilate blood vessels. Blood vessel dilation results in a sigificantly increased blood flow. In simple terms, this means harder erections and more pump in the gym.
- It can improve microcirculation. The ability of epiandrosterone to enhance nitric oxide synthesis can lead to improved circulation all around. Microcirculation refers to blood circulation in the smallest blood vessels in the body.
Similar to the benefits you get from steroids, consuming prohormones gives you short-term results. In addition to regular exercise and healthy diet, Epi-Andro users increase their muscle mass at a speed comparable to steroid use. Also, they burn their body fat at a rapid pace due to the increase in metabolic rate.
To reap the benefits of Epi-Andro, taking a few pills every day will be enough. Prohormones are also generally legal, depending on the state, and usually cheaper than their steroid counterparts ($30 to $35 per bottle).
We recommed the dosage of 250 to 500 mg per day. Start with the lower daily dose and gradually make your way up if needed, keeping an eye on your body’s response. Be aware, though, that taking more than 500 mg of epiandroesterone per day may significantly increase the risk of side effects.
In general, one cycle of Epi-Andro takes 4 to 6 weeks total. For beginners, start with a 4-week cycle followed by post-cycle therapy (PCT), then start another cycle. Positive results usually take a few weeks to appear. Some customers, however, may need a full cycle to notice any significant improvements.
Epi-Andro: Safe for Both Men and Women?
In general, epiandrosterone is safe for women to take. Studies report that many women with sexual dysfunction benefit from taking this hormone, as it works as a precursor to both testosterone and estrogens. Estrogens are female sex hormones that are essential for sexual and reproductive development, mainly in women.
However, the use of Epi-Andro in both men and women comes with several potential side effects. These can be minimized by sticking to the recommended dosage—or just dropping Epi-Andro completely if you notice any unpleasant changes.
Epandrosterone Side Effects
Here are the most common side effects of taking epiandrosterone:
In addition, DHT can significantly increase sex drive and penile sensitivity. This is why we don't recommend taking DHT supplements on their own, as this can result in sexual dysfunction if not mitigated by other supplements and lifestyle changes.
Last but not least, be aware that there are reports on the dangers of epiandrosterone for cardiovascular health. If your blood pressure levels are too low resulting from the use of an Epi-Andro supplement, your doctor will immediately recommend to stop taking it.
Alternatives to Epi-Andro
We’re pretty sure you were excited to know more about Epi-Andro supplements—at least before you've learned the potential side effects. After all, balding and prostate cancer aren't issues you can take lightly.
Here are some epiandrosterone alternatives worth checking out:
Do you have any questions left on epiandrosterone? Maybe you want to share your experience or opinion on the matter? In any case, drop us a word in the comments!