Having strong sex drive indicates that your health is in an excellent condition, so if you’re having issues in bed you may need to make some changes in your lifestyle, including your diet. Learn how to increase libido in men quickly through this quick guide.
Eat T-Boosting Foods
There are many foods that act as natural aphrodisiacs. They help boost testosterone levels, reverse erectile dysfunction, and increase your libido in a safe and natural way.
- Watermelon – Watermelon contains phytonutrients (beta-carotene, lycopene, and citrulline) which help relax the blood vessels and improve blood flow to the reproductive organs, thereby increasing their functionality and consequently, sex drive.
Citrulline converts into arginine upon entering the body. Arginine increases availability of nitric oxide in the body, which in turn helps increase testosterone levels.
- Eggs – Egg yolks are rich in cholesterol, which the body needs to maintain high testosterone levels and sperm count. Egg whites, on the other hand, contain protein for muscle-building.
Eggs are also a rich source of vitamins B5, B6, and D which help maintain hormonal balance and relieve stress. Eating this food is sure to give you a harder erection and increased energy and stamina.
- Bananas - Due to their high levels of bromelain, B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium, bananas make a powerful energy- and T-boosting food.
During workout, T levels and sex drive typically go down. But according to this study, supplementing with bromelain prevents testosterone levels from dropping during and after intense exercise.
- Pumpkin Seeds - Pumpkin seeds contain rich amounts of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids, which are both essential for increasing male libido and testosterone levels. Zinc is also instrumental in producing healthy sperm.
- Dark Chocolate - High quality dark chocolate (cacao) has been shown to help with the production of serotonin and phenylethylamine, resulting in elevated mood and increased libido. Dark chocolate is also rich in antioxidants which improve immunity and overall sense of well-being.
Many other foods naturally stimulate testosterone production and enhance your performance in bed. These include avocados, almonds, brazil nuts, goji berries, spinach, black raspberries, cayenne pepper, tongkat ali, Korean ginseng, desert hyacinth (cistanche deserticola), and many more.
Avoid These Foods
- Fried Foods – Fried and greasy foods often contain trans-fats which increase abnormal sperm production in men. Trans-fat also has negative effects on general health, especially on cardiovascular health.
- Processed Foods – These foods contain chemicals and artificial ingredients which adversely affect T production and impair sexual performance.
- Sugar – A 2013 study shows that glucose consumption reduced testosterone levels in the blood by 25% on average, regardless of whether the male subject had pre-diabetes, diabetes, or glucose tolerance. T levels also remained at low levels after sugar consumption.
- Cow’s Milk – Milk, cheese, cream, and all other dairy products often contain synthetic hormones which negatively affect testosterone and estrogen levels.
- High-Sodium Foods – These foods can cause high blood pressure which consequently reduces blood flow to the genitals. Processed and canned foods are examples of high-sodium foods.
- Factory-Farmed Meat – This type of meat contains antibiotics and added hormones which disrupt hormonal balance when consumed by humans. Always choose grass-fed meat products.
- Caffeine – Caffeine can increase energy but overindulgence in it can have unpleasant effects on your sex life.
- Alcohol – Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages reduces sexual desire, sensitivity, and sexual arousal. Limit alcohol intake to just one glass of red wine.
Red wine contains antioxidants that help widen the blood vessels and improve blood flow to the sex organs, just be sure to not overdo it.
Get Rid of Harmful Toxins
Many self-care products negatively impact the body’s hormonal balance. Shaving creams and lotions, for instance, contain parabens and phthalates which disrupt testosterone production and harm the testicles.
Moreover, plastic bottles contain BPA, which is also an anti-androgen, meaning they can disrupt the function and production of sex hormones in the body.
Seek natural alternatives when it comes to personal care products (e.g. deodorant, sunscreen, toothpaste, soap, etc.), as well as cleaning products. Use environment-friendly containers such as stainless-steel reusable bottles.
Take Your Supplements
Certain minerals and vitamins are highly essential in the production of testosterone and androgen. Be sure to get ample amounts of vitamins A and E, zinc, and selenium.
As much as possible, get your dose of these nutrients from natural foods. Otherwise, take your supplements to ensure your diet includes optimal levels of important vitamins and minerals.
Other natural supplements recommended for boosting libido in men are L-arginine, ginkgo biloba, maca, niacin (vitamin B3), and Tribulus. These supplements improve blood flow to the sexual organs, help with blood vessel vasodilation, and increase sexual desire naturally.
Exercise to Improve Sex Drive
According to research, regular exercise increases sex drive by improving blood circulation and increasing stamina. Any type of exercise will do – that includes weight lifting and aerobics like walking, running, biking, or swimming.
Yoga is another excellent option. It improves your flexibility which in turn enhances your performance in bed. It also improves blood flow and endurance.
You can also practice meditation to relax your mind and body and relieve stress. Stress is one of the major factors that contribute to loss of libido as it increases cortisol levels in the body.
Get Enough Sleep
Quality sleep is vital for a sound mind, body, and libido, but having a hectic lifestyle can sometimes get in the way. Balancing work and family responsibilities can also leave you exhausted and reduce your sex drive.
In one study, participants who only had 5 hours of sleep every night for one week showed a drop in testosterone levels by 10-15%. While getting by with only a few hours of sleep may sound macho, it’s actually wearing down your testosterone.
As much as possible, hit the sack at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Limit screen times and do relaxing activities (e.g. read a light-themed book, take a warm bath) before bedtime to stimulate sleep.
By knowing how to increase libido in men quickly in a natural way, you can get rid of the need for artificial male enhancement products which, while effective, result in many unwanted side effects. By putting the above methods to use, you are sure to enjoy the pleasures of sex while keeping your general health in a peak condition!