Testosterone levels can be increased via TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) injections. The glute injection sites for testosterone are perfect for delivering the hormone for easy injection and maximum absorption.
Where Do I Inject Testosterone?
You can’t just inject testosterone into your body anywhere. There is the issues of rate of absorption and safe administration. The best places to inject testosterone is by intramuscular injection in the thighs and the glutes.
Taking testosterone via glute injection sites for testosterone is an effective and safe way of injecting the hormone. We recommend this for beginners
Where to Inject Testosterone in the Glute?
Safety means knowing where to inject testosterone in glute. Visually divide each butt cheek into 4 equal areas. Your sites for injecting testosterone will be the outer, upper quarter, on the left cheek, and the right cheek. These are the best places to inject testosterone in the buttocks.
How to Inject Testosterone in Glute
Prepare your materials for the glute shot. You will need:
- 21 (thicker than 23) gauge x 1.5 inches long needle, for drawing testosterone from the vial
- 2.5 ml syringe
- 23 gauge needle (thinner) 1.25 inches long needle, for injecting into the glutes
- Alcohol swabs
Before you do anything to your glute, you must clean the gluteal injection area first. Otherwise any dirt, grease, and microorganisms, can enter gluteal injection sites along with the needle during insertion. This can potentially cause irritation and infection. Also, wash your hands even if you will be using gloves for the procedure.
How to inject:
- Wipe the top of the vial with a alcohol swab to sanitize. Some people heat the vial or ampule a little to thin out the testosterone-containing liquid. This is done by placing the vial in a cup of finger warm water for a few minutes, which will make the liquid easier to draw up from inside the vial. Some people report less pain and easier injection with a thinner liquid.
- Draw up the liquid using the 21 gauge needle:
(from the vial)
a. Pull the plunger of the syringe back until it reaches the mark that indicates the amount prescribed by your doctor to be injecting. For example, if you are supposed to inject 0.5 ml, draw up 0.5 ml of air.
b. Insert the needle into the vial.
c. Inject the 0.5 ml of air into the vial.
d. Invert the vial.
e. Check that the tip of the needle is fully submerged in the liquid.
f. Slowly loosen your grip on the plunger and allow the liquid to be passively drawn into the syringe.
(from an ampule)
a. Locate the break line on the neck of the ampule.
b. Break it off.
c. Insert the needle and siphon off the liquid.
d. No need to introduce air into the ampule.
(from multiple containers)
a. If you are taking testosterone in a mixture, draw up liquid from the vial first. Otherwise, it will be difficult to introduce air into the vial and draw up liquid without contaminating the contents of the vial. This can lead to incorrect dilution and unreliable dosages.
- Change the needle into the thinner injection gauge (23).
- Remove any air from the syringe before giving a gluteal shot. Pull the plunger back a little to consolidate any air bubbles. Slowly push until all air has been expelled.
- Swab the area where you are going to inject with alcohol.
- Hold the testosterone syringe between the thumb and the forefinger, as if holding a dart.
- Insert the needle in the middle of the upper outer quadrant of the buttocks (gluteal injection site). Insert the entire length of the needle.
- With the other hand, hold the base of the needle steady.
- Slowly pull the plunger back (aspirate) to check for blood.
a. If blood comes up the syringe, you are in the wrong spot. Remove and retry with a new needle.
b. If no blood comes into the syringe, slowly inject the testosterone liquid.
- Slowly pull the syringe out. Press a medi wipe, alcohol swab or cotton ball immediately over the injection site to minimize bleeding.
- Massage the site for a few minutes to enhance absorption.
How to Inject Testosterone in Thigh
The same procedure applies when injecting in the thigh. Divide the thigh area into 4 areas. The spot will be in the middle of the upper, outer quadrant.
Other Sources of Testosterone
TRT and testosterone injection is not the only way to bring your testosterone levels back into normal ranges. Some foods contain natural compounds that help increase testosterone levels. These compounds either contain precursors for testosterone production or increase the cells sensitivity to testosterone.
Natural testosterone boosting supplements are also another way to increase your testosterone levels naturally. These supplements contain extracts of natural herbs, such as Tongkat Ali, which help boost testosterone production and cellular sensitivity to the hormone.
A Word of Caution
Always practice safety and proper procedure to avoid any risks. Dosage should always be within your doctors recommendation. Never adjust your dosages without checking with your health care provider. Make sure you keep track of your levels by doing regular blood tests: