No, we’re not talking about the dabbing dance craze. The dabbing we’re referring to is CBD dabs or cannabidiol dabbing.
What Is CBD Dabbing?
Dabbing is known as the method of consumption associated with “flash vaporization” of CBD concentrates. The CBD concentrates are first applied to a hot surface, and then inhaled.
CBD dabbing is another way of ‘vaping’ the CBD. With dabbing, you do not applying the CBD topically or ingest it.
Cannabis concentrates are used for dabbing; compared to oils and edibles, concentrates are way more potent. A small amount will go a long way, and the effects will be felt much faster, too.
What products do you need for dabbing?
- Dabbing Rig — This is a glass pipe with a joint meant to hold a nail rather than a connector. You use the rig to heat up the nail, then the concentrate will be placed on it, leading to vaporization.
- Nail — You can choose a titanium, quartz, or ceramic nail. If you prefer a better flavor, then you should go for ceramic or quartz. Titanium, on the other hand, is more durable. Titanium also comes with the danger of oxidation when facing high temperatures, causing the alloy to prematurely degrade as time passes.
- Torch — You’ll use this to light up the nail. You can’t use your usual lighter, hence the need for a torch. Torches are empty upon purchase, so make sure to buy a butane refill.
- Dab Mat / Dab Rag — This prevents your table (or wherever you place your rig) from being coated with sticky residue. You can also use it to remove whatever mess you made while dabbing. Purchase one that’s easily washable for easier maintenance.
- Dabber — You need the dabber to get your CBD oil or wax onto the nail safely. The dabber looks like a long and skinny piece of metal. It’s used to scrape and hold your CBD concentrate, and then you’ll rub the concentrate inside the nail or banger.
Once you have everything on that list — together with the cannabis concentrates, of course — you can then start dabbing.
Why Should You Choose Dabbing?
Bioavailability refers to the speed at which your body can absorb a substance. A lot of users choose dabbing over ingesting because the former has better bioavailability.
The bioavailability of oral ingestion is only about 15%. This is because the substance would have to enter your intestinal tracts as well as your liver wherein it’ll undergo various chemical changes and breakdowns.
Here are certain precautions you should be aware about before you start dabbing.